Pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortioselove101

5 Year Member
Hi every body I just got my new baby sulcata last Sunday and he was great, running around eating and pooping but for the last few days ( Monday,tuesday) he hasn't pooped in his soaks. Any ideas why?

IggyBeans

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
metro detroit, mi
Mine did that too. Great for the first couple days then stopped. I just extra soaked her and made sure there was a routine set in and now she goes every morning :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
He is still eating normally and active? Everything is correct, such as temps?

If so, then I would have four guesses. A) When you first got him, he ate more and better then he did where he came from. The increase intake (food) made for more out put (BM). Now it has normalized and he has stopped making as much waste. B) You gave him an increase in his water intake between the soaks and stuff, so he at first was cleaning out a backlog now he has no poop waiting to be cleaned out and is just doing BMs as he makes the wastes. C) He is still pooping, but not during soaks. Instead he is doing it in his enclosure and you are just missing them. and D) He is doing them in his enclosure and then turning around and eating them.

tortioselove101

5 Year Member
Ok thankyou both of you yes all of his temps are correct I switch his diet up every day to day it was kale collard greens and carrots do you think an extra long soak will work? Will it hurt him?

tortioselove101

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Long warm water soaks are aok :D actually, I believe, they are beneficial...;)

Ok thank you I will Definitly do that also if he eats his poop will it hurt him???

Status
Not open for further replies.