Poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
Is it normal for sulcatas to poop A LOT in their "beds"? It's getting time to clean out Ralph's dogloo and I looked inside today and could see a lot of dark areas. When I raked it out it was poop he had buried.

Normal?

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thats were mine like to poop.

they like to eat it also... so i clean inside regularly.

M

Maggie Cummings

In the wild they dig 20 foot long burrows and then they continually poop and pee in them and create a humid micro climate. It's totally normal for them to do that...and if you watched them, after they poop they back up over the poop and squish it around all over their plastron...

M

Maggie Cummings

This isn't poop, but it is pee. This is what it looks like when a bigger Sulcata lets loose. I put a milk bottle there for comparison. This is Bob pee. He peed in his sleeping box on his pig blanket...HPIM3569.JPG

Attachments

• HPIM3568.JPG
    HPIM3568.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

I sure wish I knew how to insert a picture in my posts instead of the link to click on...Danny how?

kevantheman35

10 Year Member!
indiana
step1. go to http://tinypic.com/
step2. click choose file and select the picture you want from your computer
step3. push the green upload now button

now the site will give you a a series of URL codes for your picture.
highlight and copy the code that says "IMG code for forums" it will look like this

now just paste that code where you want the picture in your post.

hope that helps, if not try this http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

M

Maggie Cummings

kevantheman35 said:
step1. go to http://tinypic.com/
step2. click choose file and select the picture you want from your computer
step3. push the green upload now button

now the site will give you a a series of URL codes for your picture.
highlight and copy the code that says "IMG code for forums" it will look like this

now just paste that code where you want the picture in your post.

hope that helps, if not try this http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Thanks so much!!!

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My male constructed his own burrow. Since it only gets too cold at night here 1 or 2 nights a year, I let him keep it. It is so cool to observe his behavior/habits that he would display in a non-captive environment. He definitely poops in the burrow, cause if you put your head near the entrance and take a whiff, you smell it. He also poops around his enclosure, here is a normal days worth for a 13-14 inch sully who has access to an all you can eat grass buffet 24-7.(I thought I'd try the pic in post thing, thanks Kevan)

2cypd1w.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Us tortoise-keepers do love our poop!!!

Yvonne

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
floridatort said:
My male constructed his own burrow. Since it only gets too cold at night here 1 or 2 nights a year, I let him keep it. It is so cool to observe his behavior/habits that he would display in a non-captive environment. He definitely poops in the burrow, cause if you put your head near the entrance and take a whiff, you smell it. He also poops around his enclosure, here is a normal days worth for a 13-14 inch sully who has access to an all you can eat grass buffet 24-7.(I thought I'd try the pic in post thing, thanks Kevan)

2cypd1w.jpg

My Word! It looks like a small pony is running loose there. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Now Yvonne, you know only us Tortoise lovers could be proud of the amount and consistency of our tort poo. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.