Ploughshare Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcanpel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Korea
RE: ploughshare's gender

Angonoka is only expensive in Korea, Japan, China.
I paid 2000 US dollas per big one, small one is 1800 US dollars.
I know the seller buy this one about half price in South-East Asia. But i cant go there and ship to Korea is illegal it is a big crime. Last week he smuggled 25cm angonoka but didn'd success. He paid 10000$ for penalty. So i don't think this is not resonable price. I will keep more angonoka and breed it.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Jobenator, you won't unless the Honolulu zoo or Bill Zovickian start to post here. Alcanpal. It's hard to tell from your pics. Maybe you could post some more at different angles. Those are absolutely beautiful tortoises. Try e-mailing the Honolulu zoo here in Hawaii with those pictures. Of you need assistance with getting in touch with them since your in Korea send me a private message and I'll give you a contact e-mail to the person who would know at the zoo. Welcome to the forum. I look foreward to many more pictures

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Thanks for sharing the neat pics. I thought they were illegal to have since their are less than 200 in the wild. I also think they are one of the worlds most endangered species out of 10. I dont even want to know how much they cost...ok well maybe I do. :p

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
3 words- I NEED ONE

Also I think the first one is a female and the last two are males. You can tell this because the last two have tails that lean more to the side which usually indicates its a male and the first one's tail is straight which means its usually a female. You still might want to email egyptiandan though he is usually very good with sexing tortoises.

jankoko

5 Year Member
hello I've been to madagascar amphijoroa as a volunteer to make the new alert system to prevent poaching in fact is the only center where the breed for reintroduction into nature and the protection of species, but unfortunately the poachers have also arrived in the precincts .... in nature and in the center of ampij. (Durrell), there are only 180 adult specimens that poachers are to be sold (in Madagascar for a few euro / dollars) ... I am attaching the project we're doing as an association and riparitemo in April to complete the new fences .... unfortunately madagascar lack the funds for anything because the incubation of eggs is still made in the ground with very low birth rate will bring an incubator for this professional .....
ps sorry if I write bad ..... but I speak little English in 2011 are just a duffer

http://www.tartaclubitalia.it/images/galleria/ProgettoTCIAngonoka-2.pdf

http://www.tartaclubitalia.it/images/galleria/progetto_norbert_1017.pdf

the Italian association that is doing this project is called turtle club Italia

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
What beauties! I can't help you with sexing, but wanted to comment on how gorgeous they are. You are very lucky to have them.

greenhead

5 Year Member
RE: ploughshare's gender

Hi, Alcanpel

Very much want to know "How" to get that tortoise.
Could you please email me at "[email protected]". Looking forward to you reply.

Greenhead
Jan 2011 (Hong Kong)

alcanpel said:
HI, ed

Sure I live in South Korea

Keep angonoka in Korea is illegal but we can buy sometimes in balck market.

It is also very rare and expensive in Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.