Please help with my new tort!

mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
and he is actually now sleeping it is 8:57 my time and he is burrowed under the woodchip substrate under his wood hidey hole. Should I be worried that he's cold? (I just got him yesterday) my temperature probe says it is 80 F on the surface next to him.
They naturally hide as hatchlings. And it's also how they regulate their body temperature. Did you cover the heat lamp and top of enclosure with aluminum foil?

HenHen1_2

New York
I feed him dandelion greens, lettuce, arugala, and his multi vitamin and calcium powder for now

HenHen1_2

New York
They naturally hide as hatchlings. And it's also how they regulate their body temperature. Did you cover the heat lamp and top of enclosure with aluminum foil?
I put wood on the top because it is open to the air so it is covered.

HenHen1_2

New York
I will put the tinfoil on the top and block the glass sides so it is not overwhelming to him. anything else on building a friendship with him because I accidentally dropped him like 10 inches and I think he hates me now

HenHen1_2

New York
Thanks for the tips so far, I also have conflicting sides if they carry salmonella at this age

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I will put the tinfoil on the top and block the glass sides so it is not overwhelming to him. anything else on building a friendship with him because I accidentally dropped him like 10 inches and I think he hates me now
It takes them a good week to get comfortable in just their new enclosure. Do be more careful when handling him their shells are very soft in the early stages and can break easily. You should only handle the little guy when it's soak time. You can feed him out of your hand while he's in the soak.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I feed him dandelion greens, lettuce, arugala, and his multi vitamin and calcium powder for now
Arugala as in Arugula? (Rocket?) I wouldn’t personally feed too much of that on the regular because I’ve read it can cause bladder and kidney stones if given in excess, I think it’ll be ok in moderation though
They love a good variety of leafy greens(ones that are safe for them)but it’ll be good for you to start introducing some fruits and the odd bit of protein to keep him healthiest😊

HenHen1_2

New York
Arugala as in Arugula? (Rocket?) I wouldn’t personally feed too much of that on the regular because I’ve read it can cause bladder and kidney stones if given in excess, I think it’ll be ok in moderation though
They love a good variety of leafy greens(ones that are safe for them)but it’ll be good for you to start introducing some fruits and the odd bit of protein to keep him healthiest😊
sorry, that's what I meant

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
If you have more questions on his care ask away, they’ll always be someone to help advise, you’re in the best place😊
Hopefully more members will answer soon too, everyone is different times zones here🙂

HenHen1_2

New York
I just hope he's not cold and he doesn't hate me. Thanks (for the fourth time) and I will probably be back tomorrow with more questions and photos! I am amazed at how nice and open this tortoise community is!