PLEASE Help needed NEW TO THIS

Twizzles

Location (City and/or State)
York
Hello there, I’ve recently inherited a 14 year old Hermanns-Tortoise with a 120cm guinea pig cage as it’s home. I am trying to find her a new home but am struggling to find anything in the UK. I’m considering having one made but don’t know what wood is safe. I have come home twice to find her on her back which must be so distressing for her, I think she is climbing up the side of the bars and then toppling back.
I just want whats best for her, all I can seem to find online are tortoise tables that don’t seem big enough and also there’s no top which I need as I have a cat and worry.
please could people give me some suggestions, please no judgement I’m just trying to do what’s best for her and need help and support. Thanking you in advance. XxX.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So glad you realize the cage is not right and that the online tables are too small. Good for you. Plywood is fine too make the enclosure with and either line it with plastic or paint/stain it to protect it. Just let it air out from any fumes
You can also purchase the portable pop up green houses. I like them a lot and have used several. At least a 4x8 foot enclosure is a minimum size.