Please help my baby sulcata

Talia

:(:(:(Why my sulcata bottom is pyramiding ? I am so worry about him :(

Everything level should be in the correct level like humidity is 60-80%
Heat is around 90 f
And I got him uv light
Calium power with fresh spring mix everyday

The problem I was thinking maybe I add too much water in the bedding to increase the level of humidity:/

Thanks!!!!

IMG_7710.JPG

Location (City and/or State)
Newark, DE
Hi Talia. I'm sort of new here too but until a more experienced person responds, may I suggest you review the "beginner mistakes" and the care sheets? Again - not an expert, but I believe pyramiding can result from humidity problems (too low or too high), not enough calcium, not enough vitamin d, incorrect temperatures or improper diet. Also, you say you have a UV light and forgive me if I am misunderstanding you, but are you referring to a UVB light that provides them with "sunshine" indoors? If not, you will definitely need to get one of those. Also, your post doesn't say whether you have provided a basking spot.
I'd start with the beginner mistakes info and care sheets and go from there until you get more responses here.

Good luck - he's a cute little guy!

Link

East-Central Oklahoma
Much like others here I am by no means an expert. So this is only advice.
You may be giving too much calcium if you are feeding it everyday. You could add a cuddle bone and reduce the calcium powder to once a week. If he needs more calcium he will chew on the cuddle bone. Its actually quite good for their beak development and wear also. Extra calcium in humans can cause stones to develop so a similar thing may be happening.
The stones would show up on X-rays if that was the case.
Either way I agree that there appears to be some abnormalities and it could just be genetic from picture.
Hope everything works out, they become like children...

Talia

Much like others here I am by no means an expert. So this is only advice.
You may be giving too much calcium if you are feeding it everyday. You could add a cuddle bone and reduce the calcium powder to once a week. If he needs more calcium he will chew on the cuddle bone. Its actually quite good for their beak development and wear also. Extra calcium in humans can cause stones to develop so a similar thing may be happening.
The stones would show up on X-rays if that was the case.
Either way I agree that there appears to be some abnormalities and it could just be genetic from picture.
Hope everything works out, they become like children...

Thank you very much! I do feed him with calcium powder every day.

Talia

Talia

Hi Talia. I'm sort of new here too but until a more experienced person responds, may I suggest you review the "beginner mistakes" and the care sheets? Again - not an expert, but I believe pyramiding can result from humidity problems (too low or too high), not enough calcium, not enough vitamin d, incorrect temperatures or improper diet. Also, you say you have a UV light and forgive me if I am misunderstanding you, but are you referring to a UVB light that provides them with "sunshine" indoors? If not, you will definitely need to get one of those. Also, your post doesn't say whether you have provided a basking spot.
I'd start with the beginner mistakes info and care sheets and go from there until you get more responses here.

Good luck - he's a cute little guy!

Thank you very much for the advise! :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Now i can see the picture!
Could we see the carapace/ top of him as well, please ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
This plastron looks fine to me, pyramiding occurs on the carapace. Wrinkles on the underside, or ridges are not abnormal at this age.

Talia

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-07-14 at 4.16.20 PM(2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-14 at 4.16.20 PM(2).jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 5
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-07-14 at 4.16.20 PM(2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-14 at 4.16.20 PM(2).jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 4