Please can you help me? I'm trying to find out if my Leopard tortoise is male or female, it's 7 years old.

Lelly

Location (City and/or State)
Devon, England
Hello, I'd like to try to find out the sex of one of my Leopard torts please can you give your opinions if I post pictures? It's approximately 7/8 years old now.
Thank you for your time.20220206_115808.jpg20220206_115747.jpg20220206_115753.jpg

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Hi and welcome! That's a female for sure, small tail and a flat plastron.
@Tom is the expert, hopefuly he can chime in soon

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, I'd like to try to find out the sex of one of my Leopard torts please can you give your opinions if I post pictures? It's approximately 7/8 years old now.
Thank you for your time.View attachment 340124View attachment 340125View attachment 340126
Still on the young side, but those anal scutes are starting to take the female shape. I can't see the tail well enough and the angle of the photo doesn't show the presence or absence of any plastron concavity.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I would say, female . . .by now I think you would have seen a male "member" show itself, in a soaking tub, or in it's enclosure if it was a male........
My Leopard is about 3 yr's old and I have seen HIS o_O?

Lelly

Devon, England
Still on the young side, but those anal scutes are starting to take the female shape. I can't see the tail well enough and the angle of the photo doesn't show the presence or absence of any plastron concavity.
Thank you! He/she has a fat, stumpy tail with the anus hole being quite high up.
The plastron seems pretty flat ? sorry the pics aren't great, he/she is a little heavy so that I struggle to hold him/her in one hand.

Lelly

Devon, England
I would say, female . . .by now I think you would have seen a male "member" show itself, in a soaking tub, or in it's enclosure if it was a male........
My Leopard is about 3 yr's old and I have seen HIS o_O?
Lol I've never seen anything like that ?