Agoura
2 Russians
I know there not supposed to be kept together so Ihave2encolsers
I ♥️

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Just got my first Horsefield baby today, has anyone got any recommendations for living plants they like to eat please?

Indoor or outdoor enclosure? There are plenty of options depending on how much light you're providing. Try succulents like opuntia cactus, aloe, jade, ice plants. Safe houseplants like spider plants, prayer, pothos, bromeliad, xmas cactus, and certain ferns (maidenhair, boston, asparagus, bird's nest) work well if you can provide a high humidity climate. For outdoors.. well, sky's the limit.

Oh and I forgot to mention grazing mixes (clover, grasses, plantain, dandelion) and produce type dealies like lettuce mixes. Again, tons of options.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Either or. Just be wary that newly introduced plants have a high chance of being walked on, trampled, mangled, dug into, and most importantly eaten. Plants should be given time (answer varies from 6 months to more than a year) to get rid of any pesticides or fertilizers in it. It helps to repot the plant and in doing so, shaking most of the existing soil mix clinging to the roots. Growing plants from seed helps allow you to feed plants faster, but unfortunately, there's no instant gratification when it comes to tortoise plants.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Thanks for your advice...have already started to grow my own food for him so may just pop some into a tiny pot to place in his habitat
:D I grow mine into my coco coir, and they do great until my russian kills them (I don't your baby is strong to muder them yet) Might have to try the pots :p