Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh my! 19 parrots????? How on earth can you give them each the attention they demand? My daughter has an African grey and a red-lored conure. I love all the "human" talk that comes out of them!!

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
We don't have any kids and hubby only works. We spend 99% of the time with all of our babies. Vacations are out of the question now :) We started out with a few parrots and then it turned into people wanting to get rid of them and begging us to take them! Most of our birds were given to us. We have rehomed quite a few and still looking for homes for some of the ones we have now. It's hard to find the right kinds of owners for them that's why we gotta do interviews. I don't want the birds passed around they need love and good spacious "forever" homes! With all of your Tortoises I guess no vacations for you unless you have a babysitter huh?:) I's give up anything for my animals...let me refrase that "our children"! :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Great pics, thanks for sharing!! I love their names :)
My cousins' have an African Grey and he's awesome! Not the nicest little guy but SO entertaining :)

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Thanks! My African Grey Yoshi is a total nut he repeats everything he hears...I mean everything (even bodily function noises...to put it politely)!! We are constantly laughing our butts off with all these animals! :) :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I love all your pictures. I have a frog just like yours, only he has the black hands...I guess that means he's a male. He was the size of a penny when I got him, and no one told me they get so big. He ate all the snails, then all the plants, and then the guppies. Now it's just him and his little hidey hut....oh and he makes some noise all night....loud!

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
That's so cool Terryo! Honestly with having 9 in my tank and my slider tank is next to it with a loud filter I can't hear any noise. Do the males do that as they get older? I've had the 2 largest in my tank for about 5-6 months now and I know for sure 1 of those is male. My largest Albino we call her Bertha because she is just huge and still growing. She'll eat like 4 feeder fish in a matter of minutes. Post a pic of your frog if you can! I was reading stories online about how long they can live like 20 years! I was kinda expecting a couple years, but that's okay too. They are pretty entertaining!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That is just plain funny...I never thought of frogs as such comedians, though I have heard of parrots and some of their behaviors...:D

K

KenG

I'm glad to see that we're not the only people with a zoo at home! Our macaws don't pay any attention to the tortoises, but they sure love to tease our cats. Great shots!

Here's one of feathered friends with my wife, Linda:

mhzlsg.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
KenG said:
I'm glad to see that we're not the only people with a zoo at home! Our macaws don't pay any attention to the tortoises, but they sure love to tease our cats. Great shots!

Here's one of feathered friends with my wife, Linda:

mhzlsg.jpg

BEAUTIFUL**** Hyacinth Macaw!... They are simply amazin' in person>.. I have my " Sally girl ...My U2 :shy:
sallygirl.jpg

She likes to watch the Torts" ..munch ..." I think sometimes she is wondering why all of them are gathered around the tray ..? "
and ... To Start of this thread....
Wonderful pics Mr Crazy^v^ Thanks for sharing ! :)

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
OMG!!! Your hyacinth is so beautiful!!!! That is our dream bird!!! The macaws we have are a Scarlet, Military, Hahns, Blue & Gold, & Harlequin. Each of our animals are special in their own ways. I love my Torts & Turts, but the birds are hilarious!!! The loudness and the messy is worth having these beautiful creatures. You don't have to tell me, but your Hyacinth probably cost you thousands of dollars unless you got your baby some other way. We were looking at someone in our area and they were about $4,000.00. Actually we only paid for our Scarlet and Hahns and the other 3 were just given to us because their owners were tired of them. I understand people have things that happen and they can't take care of their pets and give them up, but when people are bored with them I get real mad! Anyway if you have any more pics of your "gentle giant" (harlequin) I'd love to see them, that baby looks loved!!!!:)

Beautiful Umbrella by the way!!

Attachments

• Parrot Pics 014.JPG
    Parrot Pics 014.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Parrot Pics 005.JPG
    Parrot Pics 005.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Parrot Pics 035.JPG
    Parrot Pics 035.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 13

latshki

5 Year Member
yay for parrot owners!
I just have my quaker but he sure is a handful! and my does he have a mind of his own
IMG_0275.jpg

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Cutest little Quaker!! Is he a loud boy? And does he make intricate nests in his cage? They will use straws and other stuff to make cool nests! They are illegal here in PA, I can't see how they could be a menace look at that face! The face of an innocent little birdie!! The bird breeder I go to near me has a blue and a green quaker and they are busy and funny little guys!! Give that baby a big kiss!!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
latshki said:
yay for parrot owners!
I just have my quaker but he sure is a handful! and my does he have a mind of his own

OH yea ..... a " PUNK ROCK QUAKER" ...:p
He is a character aint he?
JD~:p

Status
Not open for further replies.