Photos of outting

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkustom

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

wanted to share some photos of my two redfoots outting today!

we made a little temporary outside pen for Taylor & Frankie to hang out in today,

cut a piece of plastic to fit over their tub, drilled lots of holes in it but I was still scared it wasn't going to be enough so we lifted it on the ends,
also added a fan on low to keep a breeze going since it was so hot out today. Planning to use a screen for the real outside hangout

imag0169ht.jpg

imag0166jj.jpg

imag0164r.jpg

My baby girl Taylor enjoying some hibiscus

imag0167x.jpg

imag0165u.jpg

Taylor & Frankie munchin together, I love when they get to hang out together during the day it makes me hopeful that when Frankie is bigger they will be able to live together and be friends

imag0168b.jpg

Little Frankie getting sleepy from all the adventure excitement of the day

imag0170w.jpg

warm bath to get all that sand off Frankie burrowed in, then ready for nap time

imag0161q.jpg

flkustom

5 Year Member
thank you! I am wanting to build them something a little bigger for outside that I can put a screen top over and a clip on fan so they can go outside for a few hours during the day and I wont have to worry about any animals bothering thme

flkustom

5 Year Member
Posted by terryo - Today 01:39 PM
Great pictures, and very nice little garden. What is that Big leaf??

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/newreply.php?tid=32407#ixzz1X7xzZitD

thank you, that is an elephant ear. Our yard has about 300 of them ranging from a 3" leaf to a 36" leaf. I read that they are toxic for the tortoises so I keep one clipped up about a foot above them just for shade but make sure they cannot reach it in anyway

Posted by jrcrist4 - Today 04:13 PM
Very nice, I like your inovative pool!
Posted by GeoTerraTestudo - Today 02:00 PM
Your redfoots are very beautiful and cute.

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/newreply.php?tid=32407#ixzz1X7yXA1TK

thanks guys,

I got the "pool" from a dollar store lol it's a cubby. I bought an expensive cool looking rock pool and Taylor didn't want anything to do with it so I bought a dollar store cubby and she loves it, go figure! plus it's easy to get in and out of

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
They are adorable!!! such gorgeous colors! Frankie looks so cute all wet and tired. My aunt used to have Elephant Ear plants. Where do you live that they grow so readily?

Again....super cute torts! :cool:

flkustom

5 Year Member
thanks! :) I live in SW Florida, our yard looks like a jungle as my dad has a green thumb haha

this is my backyard and why my torts can't hang out in it, they would get lost! plus theres so many plants growing they can't have lol

dsc1714a.jpg

dsc1722ct.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I love your backyard and the jungle look it has going for it. In Florida, you don't have to even dig those plants up in the fall do you (she asks with wistful envy)?

flkustom

5 Year Member
haha no, sometimes when we know we will get a "Frost" we will cover them. but it seems like for every one that dies 3 come back in spring.

we also have a 10 acre orange grove, it calls for a bit more in winter to keep it going but its not too bad

(oh and that's my horse cowgirl, doing what she does best lol)

45557116917428643117402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.