Phoenix Reptile Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I took a few pics even though it was tough to get decent pics because of the traffic! I was happy to see lots of tortoises. I didn't get pics of everything...I only took pics when there wasn't a mob of people by me!

It was nice to see some captive bred elongata and a radiata for sale.

DSCN9722.jpg

DSCN9723.jpg

DSCN9724.jpg

DSCN9725.jpg

DSCN9726.jpg

DSCN9727.jpg

DSCN9730.jpg

DSCN9731.jpg

DSCN9732.jpg

DSCN9734.jpg

DSCN9735.jpg

DSCN9736.jpg

DSCN9736.jpg

DSCN9738.jpg

DSCN9739.jpg

DSCN9744.jpg

DSCN9745.jpg

DSCN9749.jpg

DSCN9750.jpg

DSCN9751.jpg

DSCN9740.jpg

DSCN9741.jpg

DSCN9747.jpg

I picked up some supplies and picked up two c.b. AZ-raised Russian tortoise females for my friend...

DSCN9756.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What kind of tortoise is that in the 10th picture. Are those Adrabras?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
yup yup...those belonged to Blue Beast Reptile....one of our forum members. Very nice animals eh?

I should have labeled all the pics....but I am too lazy and busy...if that makes any sense. haha

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Now I have to ask you Gummybearpoop, did you post these on purpose because you know that Rav007 said that he couldn't see the Aldabras thought the screen, but here you have a perfect picture of them. Do you have special connections with Tyler? lol Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Candy said:
Now I have to ask you Gummybearpoop, did you post these on purpose because you know that Rav007 said that he couldn't see the Aldabras thought the screen, but here you have a perfect picture of them. Do you have special connections with Tyler? lol Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up.

Oh no....hahaha I could see how it almost seems like I did though. My only special connection with Tyler is that we are both tortoiseforum members. Actually, I didn't have a chance to meet Tyler-he must have been mingling or throwing out a dirty diaper...although I did meet his wife who was very kind.

I just bent down a little bit and saw the tortoises. All the tortoises in the terrariums could be seen that way. I could see them just fine....the only way I would want a closer look is if I were going to purchase an animal.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Very nice photos! We picked up a yearling pair of rhino iguanas from Jerry Fife, that big one in the back corner (seemed bigger than the one you show in photo 4) was amazing. My wife has been asking for one or two of them for a year or so. I didn't know they could be probed like a snake.... That's how they sexed them, combined with a larger head size on the male.

Sorry I wasn't around when you came by. I was going to ask why you didn't introduce yourself. I was there probably 95% of the time, but tried to sneak away when the booth got slow to check out the rest of the Expo. I did have a few diaper trips to an outside garbage can, so that might have been where I was, in all reality. Fun weekend overall. Show wasn't great for us, but we had a blast.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I cam late on sunday...had to work over the weekend. Hopefully, I will get a chance to meet you at another show or something. Jerry Fife is a really nice guy.I have been wanting rhino iguanas for such a long time, but I don't have the space and money for an enclosure. Sorry to hear you guys didn't do so well at the show. I like how you guys set up the animals...ie. the pancake setup had rocks for the tortoises to hide under VS. the other dealers who had pancake tortoises on rabbit pellets and nothing else. You also had a grass "pad" for the aldabras to graze on....etc,etc.

I was tempted to purchase some animals from you, but I just don't have the time and space. All your animals looked very nice and healthy. I would highly suggest you to anyone in search of a tortoise.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing pictures. You guys in the USA have amazing reptile expos, I am sooo jealous :D.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Gummybearpoop, do you have more pictures of these beauty?
are they both having an extra scute?!?
are they for sale?

DSCN9734.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The aldabran tortoises in the picture were at the Phoenix Reptile Show, in Tyler Stewart's Blue Beast Reptiles booth. You can contact him about them.

gummybearpoop said:

This picture is amazing! It took me several seconds to determine what that strange-looking stuff was and I finally figured out it must be Sphagnum moss! Very nice picture!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Wow, great pics! What kind of animal is in the 4th pic from the top? He looks like a litle dinosaur.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thats a Rhino Iguana, if I'm not mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.