Personalities

mcory

Curious about personalities on these torts:) i am fascinated by pancake torts! I have a Leopard tort, my first tort ever , and I enjoy learning about all the others:) yes I am afraid I have caught the tortoise bug and hope to get another or two someday :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Most of the ones I have seen are shy and hide a lot. Some of them walk around with out a care like they own the place.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I don't have either, (leopard or pancake.) but I do have two redfoots. One is shy.. The other barges around like a king... I also have 4 sulcatas. One is shy... The another is very shady... He likes to sleep and plot dangerous crimes behind his hide at night. The one of my hatchlings like to roam and is very adventurous, the other never leaves about a 2' by 2' area of his enclosure.. They are so much fun nonetheless! I love all of my torts!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I currently rise 4 baby Leopard tortoise. You can clearly see they all have different personality.

Is Pancake tortoise will be similar?

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
My two wild caught are shy, but if I take them out and after a few minutes they walk around like it is all fine. My CB likes to walk around everywhere and try and eat everything(including fingers and toes)

Cutva

5 Year Member
My Russians are very friendly! When I let them outside they crawl on top of me and fall asleep! :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Pancake torts are scape artists and wild ones seem very withdrawn but I like my pair ImageUploadedByTortForum1394752147.721017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorrie Siu

Dorrie D. Doorstop (Eastern Hermann's) is not shy at all. She owns the place and she owns me. When I take her out for her walk, she goes where ever she pleases, whenever she pleases. If I forbid her to go somewhere (not sure if the neighbor sprayed their landscaping), I'll pick her up, walk further along and then place her back on the ground. She will promptly turn back around to go where she wanted to go. She's stubborn.

But she's very sweet. She will let me rub my face on hers and won't pull into her shell. She also loves it when I rub her feet and head, and she falls asleep when I put her in her blanket and rub her shell.

I could not ask for a better relationship.