Outdoor Sully Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TADitto

5 Year Member
Ok so my torties are now 8 months old and I am thinking about building an outdoor enclosure for them. My question is I living in Phoenix Arizona and am wondering which would be better morning or afternoon sun? Either way half of there enclosure will be in shade, I'm just trying to decide which side of the yard to build it on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I think morning sun and afternoon shade would suit them best in Phoenix in the summer. Then in the winter morning sun and afternoon sun would be great. Sooooooo how about TWO enclosure and you can move them back and forth depending on the weather. This would also allow your grazing greens to recover a bit, although it will all be bare dirt soon enough anyway... :)

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
If you can't do what Tom suggested which I'm sure is the case I'd go with morning sun. Even in the winters here daytime temps can get to high 70's even 80's occasionally. Just make sure they have a hide equipped with heat lamps and keep the hides in the shade, otherwise they turn into ovens as opposed to a place to escape the heat.

TADitto

5 Year Member
Thanks guys for the input, morning sun it will be now just to get it built. I got some good ideas from looking at the enclosures section but now I'm wondering why I decided to do this now when it's hot was hell here, stupid me.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
TADitto said:
Thanks guys for the input, morning sun it will be now just to get it built. I got some good ideas from looking at the enclosures section but now I'm wondering why I decided to do this now when it's hot was hell here, stupid me.

Don't worry I feel your pain, I'm making a Russian outdoor enclosure tomorrow. Very hot!! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.