Our rediculously shy tort is getting a little less shy

Status
Not open for further replies.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Today something amazing happened. I got Boo out of his enclosure to show him to my friend, and he didn't pull into his shell! He just wriggled to get free! I quickly took the opportunity and ran to get our nail clippers, and trimmed his beak a little while my friend held him. His beak is still a little on the long side, but it's half as long as it was! I didn't want to spook him too much, so I'll have to trim it some more another day.

Here's a pic i took of him today. He even let me sneak up an take a pic of him while he was eating. I think that's pretty good for being with us for only 3 weeks.

Boo peeking out.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ismail

5 Year Member
biochemnerd808 said:
Today something amazing happened. I got Boo out of his enclosure to show him to my friend, and he didn't pull into his shell! He just wriggled to get free! I quickly took the opportunity and ran to get our nail clippers, and trimmed his beak a little while my friend held him. His beak is still a little on the long side, but it's half as long as it was! I didn't want to spook him too much, so I'll have to trim it some more another day.

Here's a pic i took of him today. He even let me sneak up an take a pic of him while he was eating. I think that's pretty good for being with us for only 3 weeks.

Could it be that boo is a tunisian spur thigh? he looks very similar to the tunisians on google images!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
@ismail - That was actually my first guess (especially after his initial owner called him a 'tahitian' tort - tunisian sounds similar). But GBTortoises was very firm that it is an Antakyan greek tort. :) Boo is kind of on the small side, but we don't know if he just wasn't fed enough. He's only 7 years old (hatched in captivity in 2005), so maybe as he ages his coloring will become more obvious.
Whatever exact kind he is, we love him!

ismail said:
Could it be that boo is a tunisian spur thigh? he looks very similar to the tunisians on google images!

Status
Not open for further replies.