Organic wheatgrass..the new crack here..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well....the two redfoot tortoise here are officially hooked on organic wheat grass...the other day I picked up the plant...thought I would drop some clippings of it in their other food and WOW they lost their mind!!!! They even picked through all food offering to eat it straight away...then they completely cleaned their plates.....and were all wide eyed boogying around more than usual....even the little one with the improving eyesight!!!

So I know what I will be attempting to grow in all tortoise yards and enclosures...lol.

Okay, that was it...:D

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I came across some wheat seeds a couple of weeks ago (not many) I planted them in a small container and they germinated almost over night,the torts love it. haven't found any more seeds locally yet though, but I will. Len

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
http://www.catgrass.net/seeds-only-organic-wheat-grass-seed-c-27_29.html

appears the stuff in the pet stores can be either oat or wheat....so may want to peek...in my case I purchased the organic wheat grass from the produce section in the market set up for organic goodies....

I did an online peek and find that you can purchase organic wheat grass seed...so attached this site as it does seem reasonable in price for quantity.... :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So disappointing...

Where are the pics and the step by step "How To..."?:D

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Well I was going to ask if you were growing it in the habitat but after rereading I see you are growing in a container and then feeding clippings, right?

I will have to check what sprouts are growing at the store next time. Thanks for sharing.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well I was going to ask if you were growing it in the habitat but after rereading I see you are growing in a container and then feeding clippings, right?

I will have to check what sprouts are growing at the store next time. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I purchased the organic grass already growing...I was not sure if it would be a hit or not....since it is I will be dropping some in all of the indoor and outdoor enclosures (select areas in the outdoor yards due to we live in the desert and LOTS of sun during the year :D might turn the wheat grass into wheat toast...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.