ORDERING TORTOISE ONLINE AND IT'S WINTER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearlesshugo

5 Year Member
Has anyone every ordered a tort online before if yes plz tell us alittle bit about it ....

Ok so here's the thing i want to order a tort online but not sure how the tort gona survive the cold i live in toronto ontario canada u know canadian weather woooohhhhhhh.... like when it's in trasport its freezing out there it's -10 c today, and i ask my friend who own's a pet store he said the hermans are not in season that's why it's hard to find : (..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I only ordered turtles once online myself it was during summer time about 15 years or so ago, they sent it out Priority mail USPS but they sent it like on thursday or so so they sat over the weekend at the post office I was very upset.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmmm I do not think it would be safe to order an Hermann to Toronto but I am not sure. I live in Montreal so I know how cold the weather is (Toronto is warmer than Montreal thought). Have you tried the pet stores in To? There are a lot of pet stores that sells tortoises, I think it would be easier for you to just buy it.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
If I remeber correctly, Ive read before that if you live in Canada, you can only buy torts that were bred in Canada! I don't think they allow torts to cross the border?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm glad that Abe reminded us of that Canadian law. Besides the "not ordering from the US" part of it, in my opinion, you need to either keep watching around at the pet stores, or just wait until warmer weather and order from a Canadian breeder. Its too dangerous to ship this time of year.

moonraser

5 Year Member
Hi,
I live in Montreal and I have ordered my redfoot online and it was back in November, a month ago. I will not and do NOT recommend you to order online at his time of the year it is too cold.

When I received “Q” my redfoot she was so cold that it took her a couple of hours before she even move when I put her in the tank and I had it overnight shipping…she was less than 24hrs in the box.

Please do not make the same mistake as I. My first choice for a Tortoise was a Leopard Tortoise and I could not find any here in Montreal. I surf the net and found and American online store…the price is cheap it was 50% cheaper than the price I have seen and made the order and paid for it and everything, they got my money and never sent me my Tort…tried to to contact them several time with no success, than one day I found a Canadian forum and the time people there told me I needed CFIA import permit with is not given to hobbyists. My jaw dropped when I got that news :(…you can read the story here…

http://www.reptilescanada.com/

Afterward I have tried to contact the seller to get my money back and it was not a easy job…it took some time but they did refunded me.

If you live in the Toronto area maybe you can check at reptile King shop. That is where I have order from and am VERY happy with there service. Here is a link of their website

www.reptilekings.com

You can also go to the Canadian Reptiles Forum…I have seen some redfoot for $150 each but they do not ship…They are in Toronto, maybe you can go check it out.

Here is the link for the forum

http://www.reptilescanada.com

And here is a link for a few pictures of Q if interested

"Q" the redfoot :D:D

Hope this help :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Here is the website for the reptile expo in Mississauga
http://www.reptileexpo.ca/
I went to one in Montreal, and they had a lot of tortoises, one store in Toronto was there with a lot of tortoises, I had their card but I do not know where I put it, I will look for it when I get home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.