Operation : Fresh Food (Failed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
After weeks of growing weeds from the Carolina Pet's Russian Weed Mixture... I was so excited to introduce Chekhov to it. He's been eating spring mix mostly, but has had a few dandelions as they creep up. I thought he'd LOVE some fresh munchies.

Nope... he just walked all over and investigated, and then went back to his hide without a single bite! Not sure if the weeds survived his trampling or not.

Checking it out
2012-04-27161645.jpg

Braving the tray
2012-04-27161725.jpg

Still not sure
2012-04-27161930.jpg

Outta there! Not even a bite, little bugger
2012-04-27162000.jpg

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
What a little booger! That's how our sulcata was his first year with us.. now he eats anything that looks green! Everytime we plant our seeds, he eats the stuff before it can even fully pop out the dirt. Give it time, he will warm up to the free food!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I tried giving my Russian dandelions a while ago an he did the same thing. I then gave him 4 today and he munched on two o them in about 5 minutes. Maybe he will eventually like them.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Sissy does the same thing...she just walks around it, through it..She does munch on some of it, just not all of it. Makes good ground cover though, so I don't mind adding a few veggies every other day.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
the little stinker!
it is still a good idea. you might cut a few sprigs off and mix them in with the other greens you feed her. those baby weeds are packed with nutrition.

Katherine

5 Year Member
He will come around! If you normally feed him spring mix try placing the spring mix on top of the weeds so he will inadvertently grab a bite while eating his usually food. Sometimes all it takes is a taste to realize its edible before they go to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.