Obscene language

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Our program's word filter usually stars out an unacceptable word ( *** ), but sometimes it misses one. For example when using Richard's nickname - D i c k - the program will star it out -" See Jane run. Jane and *** are having fun running." As a moderator, if I see something unacceptable I will just automatically change or delete it and send a message to the author. But we can't see it all.

In the past my example above was the rule, however, when I made this post, **** was accepted by the word filter. Hm-m-m-m-m.

Ricky j

Wisconsin
I see some of this recently and this morning and I am hoping it gets dealt with soon, it is not acceptable here. Thanks, Moderators.
What do u consider obscene language? Just wanna know what's allowed and what's not allowed thanks

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well if you want to talk about birds sometimes you have to say Blue t. it's. So deal with it. 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've really not seen truely vulgar language here but I may not have seen the posts thanks to our moderators. If I don't want to go to a thread I have that option too.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have, in an angry moment, said some s*it and I do just exactly that and at times made it thru. But seriously, with some people it's hard to be decent, but after years of fighting with newcomers or irritating pseudo tortoise experts, and threatened with expulsion many times, Oh lordy here goes....we are not here to fight with people, simply, we are here for the tortoises, and profane language ain't necessary,DSCN0737.JPG

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I have, in an angry moment, said some s*it and I do just exactly that and at times made it thru. But seriously, with some people it's hard to be decent, but after years of fighting with newcomers or irritating pseudo tortoise experts, and threatened with expulsion many times, Oh lordy here goes....we are not here to fight with people, simply, we are here for the tortoises, and profane language ain't necessary,View attachment 358085
Pseudo tortoise experts. I'm stealing that phrase! lol