NOW what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Went to the garden centre to get some more organic soil....nothing, nada, niks. I asked the chop head who works in the soil and fertilizer section and he said he doesn't think they'll be getting more organic soil. EEEEEEEK. T loves soil as her substrate, and its basically the only freaking thing I can get in this darn desert..... Hmph !!!! I know potting soil isn't the greatest, but do you think its ok for me to use for Tallula? Im a bit stressed here about this, as I don't have much of another option, I can't keep ordering i.e aspen from the States every month, won't be able to eat eventually lol

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am sorry to hear that Stace, did you ask the store if they could order the organic soil for you, if they could make special orders? Hmm for the aspen, I put it in Hermy's house on July 19th and it is still super clean, I spot clean everyday. I do not think you have to change it every month. For the potting soil, do you know what is contains?

Stazz

5 Year Member
I doubt they'd do any special orders for me :( I will ask, but i really really don't think so. I must think about the aspen, but don't really want to make a big change to Tallula's life now, already like 8 months into us having her with us, she's been sooo happy on the soil. I'm not sure what the normal potting soil contains here, I must go find out actually. She's never ever eaten it, never even tried, she knows its her floor and not for her tummy hahaha. Thanks though Isa friend :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
I doubt they'd do any special orders for me :( I will ask, but i really really don't think so. I must think about the aspen, but don't really want to make a big change to Tallula's life now, already like 8 months into us having her with us, she's been sooo happy on the soil. I'm not sure what the normal potting soil contains here, I must go find out actually. She's never ever eaten it, never even tried, she knows its her floor and not for her tummy hahaha. Thanks though Isa friend :)

What scares me with the potting soil is if it contains fertilizer or some vitamins that helps your plants to be healty. If it contains something like that, I would be worried to put an animal in there, because she is going to smell it and live in it. When I wanted to buy soil for Hermy (organic soil with nothing in it is very hard to find around here) my vet told me to be very careful not to put Hermy in something that could contains something non-organic or vermiculite.
I really hope they will be able to make a special order or what you could do is buy the potting soil and let it sit for a couple of months before putting it in Tallula's enclosure.
I can't wait to hear the other responses :)
Good luck :)

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Hi Stace

I can get any type of soil you need and ship it to you no worries.
I am in Iowa USA and packaged soil of all varieties, common for Tortoise care is readily available.
so just let me know, I would be happy to help out.

Lynn

Stazz

5 Year Member
We only have one major garden store here that I know of DoctorCosmonaut.....Dubai is not so big on plants etc hahaha. I must find out if there is a nother place, but don't think ANYWHERE nearby. Lynn you're a star, thats really nice of you !!! Im first going to find out what I can do on my side, but will keep you posted. I can really only do things on wknds, so may take a little while hehehe. Thanks again though!

Status
Not open for further replies.