Nice to meet you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy-Tort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
LA, CA
Hello, My name is Larry, and I have a 3year old sulcatta, and a map turtle. I think I'm going to have to rename my tort, but as of right now his/her name is Trogdor (after a webcomic dragon) and Shredder (because his shell made me think of Shredder's helmet from TMNT). I was given Troggy after going through a sort of mental break, and am ashamed to admit that for a time I did not take very good care of Trogdor, but have since been attempting to ensure his happiness. He is pyramidding, but it seems to have slowed to halt. Learning from my mistakes with Trogdor, Shredder appears to be happy, healthy, and waay to active. :) I look forward to learning as much as I can about torts from everyone!

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Welcome to TFO! My husband wanted to name one of our future torts Trogdor. Good for you on coming around and giving Trogdor and Shredder good homes. :D

Lazy-Tort

5 Year Member
LA, CA
October said:
Welcome to TFO! My husband wanted to name one of our future torts Trogdor. Good for you on coming around and giving Trogdor and Shredder good homes. :D

:D thank you very much~

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Hope we can help you achieve your goals.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum:) can you post some pic's of Trogdor & Shredder ? we love pic's here :D

Lazy-Tort

5 Year Member
LA, CA
coreyc said:
Welcome to the forum:) can you post some pic's of Trogdor & Shredder ? we love pic's here :D

I will as soon as I find a camera :D. just made a little move into LA, and I'm still unpacking.
I think I've spent all morning looking through this forum to find the best substrate and food for Trogdor. atm, his home is a big waterland tub thats kinda bare, except for a simple hide box and power sun lamp. I had been using coconut for a sub but the last bit came with flys. as far as food I pickup diced cactus and light greens from the store and feed him zoomeds grassland tort food, but he hates the stuff. I'm heading out later today to schedule a vet visit and to pickup some new substrate :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Larry:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know where you are?

Lazy-Tort

5 Year Member
LA, CA
emysemys said:
Hi Larry:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know where you are?

Right between Santa Monica and West LA in CA

new place has a roof deck that gets plenty of sun :)

Lazy-Tort

5 Year Member
LA, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I promise to get some pics of the little ones asap! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.