Nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I think all of us in the southeast are enjoying this nice weather. I had a lot of tortoises out and about, here are a few pictures.

Female
Yummy.jpg

Female
Whiteleo1.jpg

Male
Chillin.jpg

Male stars
Males.jpg

Hungry
Eat.jpg

Eating
Lunch1.jpg

Another reason why I love AZ!
112.jpg

Even in the shade my temp gun was showing temps in the mid to high 70's.

Enjoy!

Oh, I forgot the newest edition to my group. Not as eager to get out as the one before her, but she should be there this evening or tomorrow.
poopy.jpg

moswen

5 Year Member
oh well aren't you guys just so special to be having hibiscus leaves still in bloom. my hibiscus plant died like 3 weeks ago thank you old man frost. i mean... winter.

look at your cute little male leopard with his legs stretched out front! that's precious.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
moswen said:
oh well aren't you guys just so special to be having hibiscus leaves still in bloom. my hibiscus plant died like 3 weeks ago thank you old man frost. i mean... winter.

If I remember correctly I think we had blooms up until mid January. They came back in March, that was a rough few weeks.:)

moswen said:
look at your cute little male leopard with his legs stretched out front! that's precious.

That's Harold. He stayed like that for over an hour.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
NIce pics Neal. Thanks for sharing. Do your animals have a favorite color? What I mean is, do they prefer one color of hibiscus over another? Ours could care less about yellow hibiscus:(

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Az tortoise compound said:
NIce pics Neal. Thanks for sharing. Do your animals have a favorite color? What I mean is, do they prefer one color of hibiscus over another? Ours could care less about yellow hibiscus:(

We have red, pink, white, and yellow hibiscus. The yellow we have (I forget the name), but it's a really dark yellow with some red in the middle but they like that. They seem more attracted to the red and pink, but I've seen them eat all types. Same with our roses too, we have a Tropicana, St. Patrick (yellow), Queen Elizabeth, and a couple others. It seems the brighter colors like the Tropicana are most favored but they'll eat the others when they fall on the ground.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Beautiful torts! I love the smoothness of the first female, and the female in the second picture has such beautiful coloring!
And of course Harold and the stars are stunning too!
112 degrees, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It was -3 when I woke up this morning, ha!
I can't wait to get my temp gun for Christmas haha!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have the gun pointed at the shell of the big leopard. So his black outer shell is 112. It was probably 80 degrees out.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
A couple things. First, that little female in pic 1 is beautiful, Neal. Second, congrats on the new little hatchling. You must be excited to see that. Third and final, Hibiscus shut down durring the winter. I never knew that, hmmmmm.....

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Great pictures!!! Your torts are beautiful! Harold looks like he is enjoying the sunshine!

What kind of baby is that hatching?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Torty Mom said:
What kind of baby is that hatching?

Leopard Babcocki. She's completely out now, not as active as the first one, but just as good looking. Pictures tomorrow or Friday.

onarock said:
congrats on the new little hatchling. You must be excited to see that.

I think my excitement is why they are taking so long. I open the incubator about every night to look at them. Surely not the best thing to do, but I just can't seem to help myself.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
moswen said:

Rebekah, I bring my tropical hibiscus in before it gets too cold, and it flowers all winter. A few weeks before I bring it back out in the early Spring, I cut it down a bit, feed it and put some new soil in the pot. I have it three years now.
I have a hardy one that I planted in the turtle garden, and that come back every Spring.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
[/quote]

I think my excitement is why they are taking so long. I open the incubator about every night to look at them. Surely not the best thing to do, but I just can't seem to help myself.
[/quote]

You're not alone there.
My granddad used to say a watched pot will never boil..... I think of that everytime I peek in our incubator:)

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
BEAUTIFUL torts Neal! Glad to see you (and your torts) are still enjoying that sunshine in AZ.

Congrats also on the second little leo!! Can't wait to see pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.