Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruittja79

5 Year Member
Hello all! My name is Jennifer and I live in Northeast Oklahoma along with my two sulcata tortoises. Quebert is my big guy who is around 8 years old, and my little guy is Vincent or Vinnie for short and is about 6 years old. I have always owned turtles or tortoises of some kind, and am relieved to find a forum that is dedicated to them! I also have a sulfur crested cockatoo and a plethora of fresh and saltwater fish - but that is another forum entirely....
Look forward to reading many posts and hopefully posting lots of photos of my guys!

Attachments

• image-2794409039.png
    image-2794409039.png
    980.2 KB · Views: 15

pruittja79

5 Year Member
I do have a question since I am here......my big guy Quebert seems to have either a cold or allergies. I could somewhat understand if he had a bit of a cold, but here in Oklahoma - it is a humid 90 degrees during the day and a balmy 70 degrees at night so far. That brings me to my question - do tortises get seasonal allergies? He seems to be a little lathargic, eyes are very watery and his appetite is not great. Cannot really tell if he is wheezing when he is breathing, but I do know something isn't right with him. In the past, with my other reptiles - I have given them B12, vitamin A and D along with lots of warmth and they have came through with flying colors. I haven't started any of the above because I am not sure if it is really a cold or not. My guys have been outside 24/7 for about a month now in the backyard and get fed almost daily with greens, vegeies and fruits, not to mention the grass that is growing (they keep it mowed down for me). Any ideas?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
A Sulcatas eyes water all the time. it is a sign of dehydration when it is foam in the eyes instead of runny. Does he have bubbles coming out of his nose? If so, this is a sign of a respetory issue

pruittja79

5 Year Member
No, no bubbles coming out of his nose and no foam in or around the eyes. We had a good amount of rain a few nights ago, so I am guessing he is not dehydrated (could be wrong though). That is what keeps leading me back to the seasonal allergies idea. Any other thoughts? I am open......

Status
Not open for further replies.