newbie with a baby ibera

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanygenie

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,
Im genie,
I live in kent england and im the happy new mother of a 4 month old baby ibera called Gloria ( fingers crossed she is a girl!)
i have 2 children (4 & 10) and lots of other animals but nothing as unusual as a tortoise so ill be on here looking for fab advice.... im afraid im a paranoid mother when it comes to Gloria! not my children!! ha ha

nice to meet you all xxx

Genie x :):tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome "paranoid Mother" to Gloria, otherwise known as Genie! :D Being a bit paranoid is nothing to be ashamed of. It is normal and to me, a great sign. What caused you to decide to get a tortoise?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome from another Kentish tortaholic :)

If you ever need a vet, I recommend an excellent one to you :)

meanygenie

5 Year Member
Hi,
lovely to meet you both...
i have wanted a tortoise for years and years after first seeing tiny babies in an exotic pet shop it never happened what with kiddies and moving houses but now im done having children! ha ha and were not moving again for a long time so i started doing my homework and found a local breeder and we got gloria just before xmas as an early present from my other half!
i love her to bits she is amazing and i hope im doing the very best for her... im forever checking temps etc! especially as shes got a bit sleepier recently hence me coming onto here....
im in west kent rainham near ish to rochester ( most people know of there if they dont know the area well)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
meanygenie said:
im in west kent rainham near ish to rochester ( most people know of there if they dont know the area well)
The weather has suddenly turned colder and it affects indoor temperatures. Even indoors, torotises seem to know what's happening with light levels and weather outside. My Joe is firmly asleep - hibernating until March. He didn't go down until November 29th because the weather was so mild.

I know Rainham well, I worked in Chatham for 11 years. I live near Tonbridge.

meanygenie

5 Year Member
I was worried to start with as she was so active.... to the extent of being trouble! she kept on climbing onto to top of log hide thingy then ending up on her back when climbing down id right her then she would be straight back to climbing!i was so worried of her doing it while i was out that i removed it til i got home!
she is still eating drinking soaking etc... so i rekon it is the colder weather setting in... she is my walking weatherlady ill know when weather is gonna turn well in advance!
de-icing the car this morn wasnt fun!
I know Tonbridgre well as i went to college there and lived not far in paddock wood..... what a small world

Status
Not open for further replies.