Newbie starting her Tortoise Journey!

ljb

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum but have been longing for a Russian tortoise for over 10 years now. Now that I feel the time is right I am starting my journey to owning my very first. I am gathering all the information I can get but it tends to be a lot of conflicting advice so I thought I would join what seems like a very informative and active forum. I look forward to reading all of your posts and gleaning as much info as I can to give my tort a great life.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Well your doing good to learn all you can before getting your tort . So a lot of the info. Is out dated . By joining the TFO you now we are all people that love turtles and torts . You' ll love it here and learn from all of us . Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here with us. This is a great and fun place to learn and share.

Welcome! ! !

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I have seen this phrase alot lately "conflicting advise" "conflicting information"....I believe that the better descriptive would be...something like;

"a variety of options based on individual set ups" " a number of ways being shared for folks to pull from to set up their own tortoise space"...I believe what I am trying to express is that we are dealing with a reptile...and so many folks here live in different locals in the world..so there is no way that there can be one set of rules, one book of how to's....that in itself would be an injustice to the reptile....

So perhaps gather as much information as you can...be sure to research your torts most basic needs...then have fun with the fluff to set up the space for the tort in your care...also, a tortoise is ever growing...so will your space....tweaking is needed from time to time...and you will learn what the individual tort in your care needs if you do alot of observations....and enjoy the time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Is your username "L"jb or "i"jb?

ljb

USA
Thanks for making me feel so welcome! My username is Ljb.