Newbie from Belfast (Northern Ireland)

Ozzy1

Hi everyone I got a tortoise by pure chance. Long story but was left in a car that got traded into my work. I adopted him and now I have had him 5 years. I took him to a reptile shop to get information on the little guy. Apparently he is a calcutta, but looks more like a Herrmann. He loves nothing more than to walk around the house, if he is in his tank and see's me he will go mad to get out lol. At the start when I got him he used to Bing off the wall as to head butt it, (what does this mean)
What do they eat (Herrmann)
How long to keep the light on ect ect.
How much is he ment to eat. View attachment 93631View attachment 93632View attachment 93633
His best friend is a Staffordshire bull terrier lol he is so good with him. Thanks people. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please try again with your pictures.

Also, we have a very good care sheet for Hermanni at the top of the hermann's section.

Ozzy1

Thanks people. I shall have a look for the Hermanni section. Thanks for that.

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello and welcome. The pictures didn't post right so we cant see them, and we always love pictures ;)

hessbrit

On a completely unrelated note I visited Belfast this summer during a study abroad to Ireland. You are so lucky to live there. It is such a beautiful country!