New

raphael

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hi, my name is Brian Rodriguez. I'm from Los Angeles California. I'm new to these forums but I'm very interested in learning as much as I can about tortoises to hopefully take care of one myself! Any help will be most appreciated. Gracias and cheers! :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. It is always refreshing to see people joining before buying a tortoise, and needing to fix a problem because the pet store gave bad info. Tons of care guides to read, and ask any questions you have.

raphael

Los Angeles
Welcome to the forum. It is always refreshing to see people joining before buying a tortoise, and needing to fix a problem because the pet store gave bad info. Tons of care guides to read, and ask any questions you have.
Thanks Jodie! I'd hate to underestimate the amount of care these animals require. I'll definitely be checking this forum frequently. Thank you for the words of encouragement :) cheers!

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
RAPHAEL: If you have the outdoor space, consider adopting a California Desert Tortoise. They are indigenous to much of Southern California and are easily obtained through the California Turtle and Tortoise Club. We have one male and three females who are the joys of our life. There are many other fine choices out there as well. Let us know how we can be of help. Oh . . . .welcome to our forums.

raphael

Los Angeles
RAPHAEL: If you have the outdoor space, consider adopting a California Desert Tortoise. They are indigenous to much of Southern California and are easily obtained through the California Turtle and Tortoise Club. We have one male and three females who are the joys of our life. There are many other fine choices out there as well. Let us know how we can be of help. Oh . . . .welcome to our forums.
Thank you, Orv. These forums have loads of great information with very informed people. Thank you again for being full of helpful information. I hope you and your desert tortoises are doing great and I'll look into it! Cheers :)

raphael

Los Angeles
Hi, my name is Brian Rodriguez. I'm from Los Angeles California. I'm new to these forums but I'm very interested in learning as much as I can about tortoises to hopefully take care of one myself! Any help will be most appreciated. Gracias and cheers! :)
We did it! Me and my girlfriend adopted a Sulcata tortoise! His name is Viserion! 1518572327747.jpg1518572389104.jpg

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome and congratulations from another Southern California member!

Pop on over to the sulcata forum and read the section on raising babies ASAP as they are so fragile.