New Tort

Ashley Marshall

Location (City and/or State)
South Central Texas
Nice looking tortoise.
Living in Texas should give you lots of options. How are you keeping it?
I live in an apartment at the moment so I keep him on my porch at the moment in his cage (fairly big size so he has lots of room to roam around) and I take him for walks every day so that he can "go on adventures" as I call it. He loves to explore the complex. But unfortunately as another person pointed out to me, just as I suspected, he is a Texas Tortoise which is a protected species. So I will be getting with TPWD to determine how I should release him properly. He is a very happy tort and loves the attention I give him and I am so saddened to see him go.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I live in an apartment at the moment so I keep him on my porch at the moment in his cage (fairly big size so he has lots of room to roam around) and I take him for walks every day so that he can "go on adventures" as I call it. He loves to explore the complex. But unfortunately as another person pointed out to me, just as I suspected, he is a Texas Tortoise which is a protected species. So I will be getting with TPWD to determine how I should release him properly. He is a very happy tort and loves the attention I give him and I am so saddened to see him go.
If you have caught the tortoise bug, maybe see about purchasing one and keeping it. There are a few that can be kept in an enclosure of a couple of square feet. Especially babies.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Yes, I'll look into it. It has always been my dream to have a pet turtle of tortoise.
There are SOOOOO MANY unwanted pet torts who need good homes and tlc! Start looking around, check for rescues in your area and around and if you don't find any locally then decide on species you can and want to keep and get with our member breeders. They will ship your new pet safely to you

Ashley Marshall

South Central Texas
There are SOOOOO MANY unwanted pet torts who need good homes and tlc! Start looking around, check for rescues in your area and around and if you don't find any locally then decide on species you can and want to keep and get with our member breeders. They will ship your new pet safely to you
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea!