New to the forum - Tortoise really active but not eating

NatSchop

Location (City and/or State)
Eastbourne, UK
Hello there,

I inherited an adult female spur thighed tortoise a year ago. She has been in the family for over 40 years, she was fully grown then so not sure how old she is could be 50+ or older.
The last week she hasn't been eating much at all but has been really super active and walking around the garden. Any thoughts?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are the temps there?
Can she bask where the temp gets 95F or above?
Does she have shade and coverage from above?
She may just need time to get used to the big change of a new place after many years in the same area.

Central PA
When I got a med spur thigh/greek tort she didnt really want to eat at first just to get cozied in. Make sure the environments right with a basking light on one side of the terrarium and and day light on the other (i think its called a uvb) and that one side is between 60-80%humidity and the other just slightly high (the non basking side) and temps being relatively controlled by the bulbs in place. Substrate should be wood chips or soil but be careful and i would ask what ones are best in the forum because i dont know too much of subs i just use one at petsmart that is zoomed reptibark and sometimes coconut fiber. What food are you offering her? Lettuce is always a good go-to for greeks and baby carrots (chopped into really thin slices) as a treat. Keep us posted on how she's doing