New to forum, and soon to an Indian Star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
Hello everyone!

I have been avidly reading the posts on here for a while now, really excellent forum and can spend so many hours going through all the info and pics!! So thought I would finally join!
I live on the south coast of the UK, and in about 4 weeks time I will be obtaining my CB indian star :D
I was there when he/she was first emerging from the egg, which was fantastic!!! Cannot wait to have little Sheldon home! (full name Sheldon Cooper PhD..... Big Bang fan and thought the name was appropriate, even if there are a few out there!!)

So just thought I would say hi and introduce myself. I will be posting some thoughts etc that I would like advice on, want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be before Sheldon comes home! :tort:

Kind regards to all,
John

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) that is so cool that you got to see your little one hatch out. Can't wait to see pics. Congrats.

turtletania

5 Year Member
i have 7 stars and love them all..... welcome and definitely keep us posted on his/her arrival.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, John!!

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
This is a photo the breeder took for me, will get some better quality ones up soon!
Plus the the rest of the family.... the fish, a White's tree frog (female...called Frog!) who i've had for 15 years, and our 2yr old patterdale terrier called Martha!

Attachments

• DSC00933.JPG
    DSC00933.JPG
    583.3 KB · Views: 13
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    856.9 KB · Views: 20
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 25

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
johnreuk said:
This is a photo the breeder took for me, will get some better quality ones up soon!
Plus the the rest of the family.... the fish, a White's tree frog (female...called Frog!) who i've had for 15 years, and our 2yr old patterdale terrier called Martha!

Obviously I wasn't forward thinking enough to match the descriptions to the pics, but....... :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Are those real plants in with the fish? Love the habitat for Frog. How did you happen to decide on a Star?

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
Jacqui said:
Hi! Are those real plants in with the fish? Love the habitat for Frog. How did you happen to decide on a Star?

Thank you very much :)

The plants are real, java fern (back right) and Anubias (the rest), plus some moss balls... The fern and Anubias grow on bogwood, so easy to move them for tank maintenance etc.., Plus they are easy enough to grow lol!

I chose a star for a number of reasons.. how beautiful they are, they are non hibernating, adult size....

What species do you keep? :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome! Indian stars are great tortoises. The one in your picture has some good color on its skin, I like it. :)

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
The indian star is one of my favourties as well but the cost is to much for me at this time 1500 for one here in ontario but you have a very good looking one I'm jealous. But I share the same random family we have 1 mountain horned dragon, 1 savannah monitor, 1 creasted gecko, 1 ball python, 1 beta fish, 1staffy/boxer mix, and I'm awaiting the arival of my yellow footed tortoise XD if I new how to upload pictures I would

Sorry I forgot the cat and the 3 kids and the wife lol..... My bad

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to watch him/her develop!!
Rover, that is a diverse mix! Must take a lot of time, but v rewarding :) When are you getting your yellow foot? The pics were quite easy to attach, just click the add attachment button at the bottom and then find them from wherever on your pc. Worked first time for me, surprisingly! :p

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
'Kind regards to all'- I LOVE how you folks talk 'across the pond'. :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.