New Russian Tort Fam

TortDad83

Location (City and/or State)
Troy
Hello - My daughter (10yo) is a reptile fanatic and has been wanting a pet reptile. I didn’t really want snakes or lizards in the house, so we settled on a Russian tort. Little did I know the amount of research required to take care of one correctly! There is a lot of bad information and it takes a while to figure where the reliable sources exist (thank you tortoiseforum.org)

I built a habit and bought/setup everything according to information read on this forum. We received our CB adult male from Arizona Tortoise Compound. Meet asparagus (Gus for short).

Attachments

• IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 5

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome to the forum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome, glad you found the forums info to follow.
If you want to post pictures of the enclosure and lighting/heat/temps we can help you further tweak it. Sometimes even the info on this forum gets updated and also confusing between species.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello - My daughter (10yo) is a reptile fanatic and has been wanting a pet reptile. I didn’t really want snakes or lizards in the house, so we settled on a Russian tort. Little did I know the amount of research required to take care of one correctly! There is a lot of bad information and it takes a while to figure where the reliable sources exist (thank you tortoiseforum.org)

I built a habit and bought/setup everything according to information read on this forum. We received our CB adult male from Arizona Tortoise Compound. Meet asparagus (Gus for short).
Hello and welcome! My daughter loves all the reptiles too. I think both of our daughters are lucky they have cool parents that let them enjoy and pursue their reptile interests.

Questions and conversation are welcome.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to you, your daughter and Gus!