New RT parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortaholic

5 Year Member
Hello all! I'm Randi, from Southern IL. I recently got a young RT from a store (yea, I know, not good. But he looked so unhappy...), then I ran across someone rehoming their mated pair of RT's on Craigslist and took them in. So I now have Mort, Gorgeous George, and Shelendria (Shella or Shelia for short). I'm absolutely facinated by them, I could watch them for hours. They seem to be happy here, tho Mort I had to put back in his own enclosure because he's being a bully.

Anywho.. glad to be here and can't wait to see what all I'll learn!

:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I see you have already learned that tortoises can be habit forming. :D

Tortaholic

5 Year Member
[/font]I'm so excited! I'm going tomorrow to go hunt the elusive Coconut Coir I've heard so much about. Living in a small town has its benefits but not when it comes to needing pet supplies. :/

I can't wait to get their enclosures set up and see their little faces when introduced to their new spaces. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Randi, and welcome to the Forum!

Try to figure out a way to set them up outside. Tortoises really do better outside. It's a lot cheaper too.

Tortaholic

5 Year Member
I've been getting them outside almost every day for at least a half an hour. I plan on making them an outdoor enclosure but that's all in good time. They have their little pool for soaking in then a play pen area so I don't have to chase them. I think they're pretty spoiled already for me only having them a month. :p
I don't think I'm able to post pics yet. I'll post them when I'm allowed.
pam said:

Thank you :)
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! I see you have already learned that tortoises can be habit forming. :D

Maggie and Torie the Tort said:
Welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.