New Red Footed Tortoise Owner!

Jackelly4

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hello! I live in upstate new york and have just taken in a 7 inch 5 year old red footed tortoise named Munch. I was wondering if anyone could help me gender identify the tortoise or see if there is any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_6470.jpg
    IMG_6470.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6471.jpg
    IMG_6471.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6472.jpg
    IMG_6472.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6474.jpg
    IMG_6474.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 47

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
A little deformed on the anal scutes . But looks female to me by the size of t he tail . Also looks dry . Needs some humidity.

Jackelly4

New York
Thank you so much for your help! My friend who was the previous owner said they didn't keep the habitat very humid so I will definitely make sure to change that!

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new tortoise!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to you and Munch. She needs some TLC for sure, stick around here and you will get some good help and advice!

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
first of all: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAVING THIS POOR BABY! from the state it is in, you probably saved her life, that jaw is just sad! can it feed ok? and not to rain on anyone's parade, but it looks male to me:) I never saw scutes fuzed like this... do you have any history on it? injuries, etc. very interesting case indeed:) I am so glad she is in good hands now:) do not forget to give her/him protein, i recommend some wet catfood, or boiled eggs, mine go insane for it, i give it once a week, but a rescue could use it every other day in the beginning just to rebuild:) good job, you , kind heart:) I am in Cali, I love my reds:)