New owners of Hermanns babies looking for NewZealand owners or tortosies

shazaberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Zealand
Hi there we are brand new owners of two Hermanns tortoises. They are wee babies and we want to chat to other New Zealanders who have tortosies so we can discover more about how to give them the best life. Our climate and food is different from other countries, so no offence to others outside of NZ. looking forward to your responses.

Boxturtle1

Wow I am brand new to the Forum and am not a real techie type. Reason I joined was for the knowledge and seems like a great group of folks willing to help out. I'm in Virginia and parts of our climate are very similar what with your foreign alien species the deer and brown trout. NZ has always been on my bucket list and hope to make it there one day With the knowledge of this group I'm sure you can find answers to the questions you have Best wishes to you and your Hermanns!

Boxturtle1

Thanks Yvonne. I am adopting my first Russian and all set to receive her. I'll post pictures as soon as I figure that out-haha.
I have always just saved our native ones but now my kids are going to college and I have opp to focus some on my interests.
Have always just saved things from the roads like our lovely snappers and cooters and hatched painted turtles and released that we found their nest in a bad spot and of course our wonderful sweet southern box turtles. I have a ton of them on my place on the Dan river and try to manage things to keep them happy and safe. I've dodged many cars rescuing and moving these little scooters to

Rodica@NZ

5 Year Member
Hi there we are brand new owners of two Hermanns tortoises. They are wee babies and we want to chat to other New Zealanders who have tortosies so we can discover more about how to give them the best life. Our climate and food is different from other countries, so no offence to others outside of NZ. looking forward to your responses.
Hi, I am located in New Zealand too, just saw your post. Whereabouts are you situated?