New owner with questions

Veitality

Location (City and/or State)
WILLIAMSTOWN
Hello. Just got a red toed on Sunday. It’s about 3-4”. It likes to eat in its bath. We bathe him daily. Still no poop. So that has me stressed. We take it out daily in the sun and have a UVB on the enclosure while we are at work. Should I worry about the not pooping yet?
Mostly it has been eating the Mazuri dieT but I throw a mix of romaine, dandelion greens and tomatoe and it did just eat some chicken. And egg. Lol. Not all at once. I change it up daily. It’s seems to bathe, eat then back to its little hide. We let him wander around the yard and he also munches on the grass. (No chemicals we don’t use them in the yard) I haven’t seen it try to bask yet. Temps around 80° in the tank. I don’t have a temp gun to check the basking area. At night it drops to the mid 70’s. Humidity is usually around 80%. I spray several times daily to keep it up. So it may drop from time to time.

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
red toed? you mean red foot right? for red foots, they need a "tropical" environment.
ill link some caresheets for you, also, can you post pictures of the entire enclosure, your hygrometer, and what youre using for the heat and UVB bulbs? also, where did you buy him/her from?
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/easy-red-foot-enclosure.162059/
oh and please also post pictures of the tortoise, good luck !!!

Veitality

WILLIAMSTOWN
The one article said it to stress about UVB lights? That’s what I was most stressed about. Everyone seems to yell about that one.
so he’s eating mostly Mazuri. He seems to love it. I change up different veggies and fruits. Trying to see what he likes. I also gave him a small amount of proteins 2 times this week.
chicken once and aa egg the second. Ambient temps during the day are mid 80’s and mid 70’s at night.
humidity averages are between mid 70-mid80’s depending when I spray it down. I am using coconut substrate. The kind from a brick.
I mix it often ya make sure it’smoist but not soaked.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Give this a read. This has all the info you will need to start off. If you have questions afterwards, just ask ? i have a redfoot too and I love her! 20200908_161412.jpg

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

I totally forgot to link it ? my bad! There you go!

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
The one article said it to stress about UVB lights? That’s what I was most stressed about. Everyone seems to yell about that one.
so he’s eating mostly Mazuri. He seems to love it. I change up different veggies and fruits. Trying to see what he likes. I also gave him a small amount of proteins 2 times this week.
chicken once and aa egg the second. Ambient temps during the day are mid 80’s and mid 70’s at night.
humidity averages are between mid 70-mid80’s depending when I spray it down. I am using coconut substrate. The kind from a brick.
I mix it often ya make sure it’smoist but not soaked.

Im no expert, but I think that is way too much protein. My opinion on protein is 2 times a month. And I would never feed mine chicken. Only a worm or two maybe a tiny amount of fish. (Things they might stumble upon in the wild)

Veitality

WILLIAMSTOWN
Im no expert, but I think that is way too much protein. My opinion on protein is 2 times a month. And I would never feed mine chicken. Only a worm or two maybe a tiny amount of fish. (Things they might stumble upon in the wild)
It was only a few bites. As for the chicken and eggs. I’ve read a few articles that said they scavengers and opportunistic? They will eat carrion? And that chicken is ok. And someone else told me theirs love hard boiled eggs. I tried the worm and mealworm approach and it didn’t want anything to do with them. ??‍♂️ I’ll try again though. Thanks.

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
It was only a few bites. As for the chicken and eggs. I’ve read a few articles that said they scavengers and opportunistic? They will eat carrion? And that chicken is ok. And someone else told me theirs love hard boiled eggs. I tried the worm and mealworm approach and it didn’t want anything to do with them. ??‍♂️ I’ll try again though. Thanks.

true, they might come across a dead bird or a fallen egg in the wild. But I won’t deliberately feed mine those things, that’s just me.