New Outdoor Enclosure

Flynn'sMommy

This is Flynn's new outside enclosure for sun bathing. He's a little uneasy, but I'm sure he'll warm up to it in the days to come Pretty pleased with how it turned out! Will be adding some moss patches this weekend! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499301320.369754.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499301338.805997.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499301368.911321.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Getting a tort outside is always a good thing. Great job wanting to provide that for Flynn!

Babies hide. A lot! Give him multiple bushes and or piles of leaves so that he has more cover and he won't feel exposed and uneasy. Then he can bounce around the play pen going from cover to cover like a little ping pong ball ;)
Look at it this way. Instead of seeing mostly dirt and some plants, aim for mostly plants and some dirt. Make sense?

Personally, I'd change the water source, too. I like low sided, shallow dishes. Like a puddle the baby can encounter. A steep (steep to that sweet little thing) rock mountain into a pool isn't as inviting.
Terra cotta saucers are perfect in my experience. And inexpensive!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I too use terra cotta saucers. I buried them the depth of the soil. Cute little enclosure. I agree on the shade, they need deep shade, that's shade within shade. So a bush over your pot would be good. You can pplant one in a big pot next to the enclosure. Or simply make sure part of it is always shaded.