New.. Just wanted to ask how often to feed my tortoise.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Petrie is going to be a very happy tortoise in your care, I'm sure, but one thing you should know about Russian tortoises is that they love to try to escape ! Not because they are unhappy, or want to get away, but if they possibly can, they will find a way - and they are very good climbers, too. So do try to make this as difficult as possible for him ! There are many stories on the forum of them managing to do this somehow !
Angie

PetrieLeaves

Location (City and/or State)
iowa
Petrie is going to be a very happy tortoise in your care, I'm sure, but one thing you should know about Russian tortoises is that they love to try to escape ! Not because they are unhappy, or want to get away, but if they possibly can, they will find a way - and they are very good climbers, too. So do try to make this as difficult as possible for him ! There are many stories on the forum of them managing to do this somehow !
Angie
That's crazy! Petrie hasn't exhibited trying to want to climb out, he just digs so far that I've noticed but I will keep this in mind! Thank you!