new here had a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik77

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Puente ,Ca
hey every one on the tortoise forums...well me and my girlfriend just got our first sulcata tortoise yesterday i think we have its setup right ...for now its in a 10 gallon glass aquarium we will be buying it a tub for more room tomorrow, we have a reptisun 10.0 fluorescent light fixture and a 53 watt incandescent house light bulb,also a very shallow water dish ,and for bedding we have cypress mulch ...what temp should i have its basking spot?and my humidity is at 99% ...the tortoise fits in the palm of my had so its pretty small...so does my set up sound ok???thanks...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes until you get the tub, which will make it easier to maintain the temps. Basking95-105 is a good range. Ambient 85 and nite temp 80 humidity 80% and above is great and no temps below the 80. Check out the threads at the bottom of my post. They will really help you a lot with raising a healthy, happy smooth sulcata. Good luck, don't forget pics and WELCOME to our crazy, fun, educational forum.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello and welcome! How exciting, is this your very first tortoise for both of you? How did you happen to decide to get one?

erik77

5 Year Member
La Puente ,Ca
Jacqui said:
Hello and welcome! How exciting, is this your very first tortoise for both of you? How did you happen to decide to get one?

well i keep chameleons.and my girlfriend has always wanted a tortoise i was supposed to buy her a tortoise at the reptile super show in pomona this coming august but this weekend we were in san diego at the zoo so the tortoise itch got even worse ...i decided to go to lll reptile in san diego we were just supposed to go" look":rolleyes: around but you know alot of the time it never just ends up being a look around and we ended up leaving with a nice little sulcata :D:D:D...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi erik77:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Is your name Erik?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

erik77

5 Year Member
La Puente ,Ca
emysemys said:
Hi erik77:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Is your name Erik?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

thanks...yes my name is Erik and i live in southern California in la puente...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
erik77 said:
well i keep chameleons.and my girlfriend has always wanted a tortoise i was supposed to buy her a tortoise at the reptile super show in pomona this coming august but this weekend we were in san diego at the zoo so the tortoise itch got even worse ...i decided to go to lll reptile in san diego we were just supposed to go" look":rolleyes: around but you know alot of the time it never just ends up being a look around and we ended up leaving with a nice little sulcata :D:D:D...

What somebody goes to a store with reptiles just to look and actually buys one? Well I never! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.