NEW GERMAN SHEPHERD

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Since we weren't showing when we got our last, and current, two big dogs - I opted to 'rescue' from the pound. We had never done that before.

So we ended up with what I think is a purebred American Bulldog (she's 10 years old now) and a Catahoula Leopard Dog X (he's 6 years old now). The American Bulldog is about 100-110 pounds. The Catahoula mix is about 80 lbs. I think I have enough energy left in me to train one more big dog...then I might have to scale down, lol.

Both are very smart dogs. Neither is particularly trainable (for the obedience trials I enjoy - and I tried! Just as well they're not eligible for CKC events). They each prefer to please themselves over pleasing me...

I'm hoping a Doberman will fit the bill...do well in trials...and not need much in the way of grooming. Win-win for me.

surfergirl

Oh yeah! congrats on your new shep! she has more black and look at how focused she is. Our Judah was the same colors and he was beautiful too. His yellow eyes against the black of his coat would make anyone stop. He looked like he could tear your head off if he wanted to. He was really mild and very gentle though. It was our female Candy that raised us and she was the one that strangers need be worried about. Lol! she was a light almost blond with a light black saddle. makes me want to get a shepherd again, absolutely great dogs!

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Just great...now my dogs want a real bed.

;)