New forum layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Ok I will be the first to admit, I don't like change, change is bad, And when I first saw the new layout I was like "uh oh change" see above statement for why I said that. But I have to admit I do enjoy the new change I am a numbers and info guy, I like logging on and see how many new threads are up, how many new posts. So while normally I would be saying " no no no no" I have to admit I do like the new layout, now please don't change it for a few years at least.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I like the new numbers as well, but I think that if I were unfamiliar with the site I wouldn't know where to go once I got to the main page...

But it is fun to see the numbers.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't mind it, but its just one more click to go through to get to the good stuff. I liked it better the old way for showing new people the forum. It was nice when it went straight to the main page and they could just easily scroll down and find their species. I've found that a lot of people who are into torts aren't very into computers and the simpler the better.

I think rather than having to click to get out of the portal and into the main page, it would be better to be able to have the main page come up first and give people who like all the numbers the one click ability to go to the portal page.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Since you mentioned it.... I usually just click the view new post then click the tortoiseforum.org and go to where I want to go... and just now I went to main page and it took me a minute to figure out how to just get to the main area.... I mean clicking forums at top works but could be confusing.... although I would like to be able to post stuff without having to copy prior and pasting just in case :\

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Tom said:
I don't mind it, but its just one more click to go through to get to the good stuff. I liked it better the old way for showing new people the forum. It was nice when it went straight to the main page and they could just easily scroll down and find their species. I've found that a lot of people who are into torts aren't very into computers and the simpler the better.

I think rather than having to click to get out of the portal and into the main page, it would be better to be able to have the main page come up first and give people who like all the numbers the one click ability to go to the portal page.

I say just add the numbers to the user control panel bar thing that is at the top of the page when you're logged in. The one that says the last time you logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.