Need help with a supplement for a Russian Tortoise

LiamJMcIntyre

5 Year Member
My Russian Tortoise has recently started eating a little of his substrate and the various extras in his outdoor and indoor enclosures. I have read this is sometimes because they aren't getting something they need in their diet. Does anyone know or could recommend a good mineral supplement?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I use "Miner-all". It is manufactured by Sticky Tongue Farms. It is mainly minerals and seems to supply the needed nutrients the substrate-eaters are looking for.

LiamJMcIntyre

5 Year Member
Hmm… Unusual…

Are you using any colored light bulbs?
Coil type or cfl UV bulb?
Within the past week it has been a little less varied as we had a lot of rain and it killed a lot of the options around for a short while. We use a normal basking light as I used to use a red one but as of a few weeks ago changed it after being told it wasn't a good idea. And for the bulb it is a long uvb bulb but I can't remember exactly what one. But I do know it is suitable as I found the light through a useful thread on here.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
Yeah this is the one I found. Could I ask where you get it from?

sorry for late reply! just seen notification:/ ,

pets at home. I believe it is available on amazon as well and probably cheeper! I would think it will be stocked in most reptile shops as is the only correct advice we got on purchase of tort from them. (one and only vist)