Need HELP for my female Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonna444

5 Year Member
I have noticed my female is laying an egg every day for the last 2 days. On the third day she has found a corner and remained there she did not even come for eating.

Second problem is that I have an incubator and from other websites it says that the vermiculite has to be soaked in water 1:1 but on the manual on the incub. It says not to soak the vermiculite for humidity levels below 80%. At the moment I have a temperature of 31.5℃ and humidity of 90%. Is it good?

I need some help pls as I am a beginner. Thx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using TortForum mobile app

Tonna444

5 Year Member
Need help for my Redfoot.

I have noticed my female is laying an egg every day for the last 2 days. On the third day she has found a corner and remained there she did not even come for eating.

Second problem is that I have an incubator and from other websites it says that the vermiculite has to be soaked in water 1:1 but on the manual on the incub. It says not to soak the vermiculite for humidity levels below 80%. At the moment I have a temperature of 31.5℃ and humidity of 90%. Is it good?

I need some help pls as I am a beginner. Thx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tonna:

Your tortoise needed a place (like outside in the dirt) to dig a hole and deposit her eggs in the hole. That's what tortoises do. When they can't find such a spot, chances are they hold onto the eggs until they can't any longer, then they just dribble them out here and there and wherever. Has your tortoise been with a male? I'm not sure how many eggs a female RF tortoise lays in one clutch, but I'm guessing that she still may have some inside her. Can you set her up outside in the dirt for a while so she can dig a hole to put the eggs in? If not, then position a light over the habitat so you can warm her up more than 80F degrees, and maybe that will encourage her to let the rest of the eggs go.

Tonna444

5 Year Member
Yeah now she is in a corner and I have noticed her digging but no eggs yet. Any idea for the incubator as I maybe able to save one egg till now. Any idea about the incubator pls?

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
What incubator is it? Your temps sound too high, I would aim for 30 as 31 and above can produce deformed hatchlings.

Tonna444

5 Year Member
Got the incubator today, it is a Juragon PX-20R (reptile incubator)

Status
Not open for further replies.