Necessary for incubator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poh1984

5 Year Member
hi i am in Thailand. Is it necessary a need for a incubator for indian star tortoise and red foot tortoise? Can i just keep the eggs in the cupboard as the room temperature is about 29-32 degree here

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
poh1984 said:
hi i am in Thailand. Is it necessary a need for a incubator for indian star tortoise and red foot tortoise? Can i just keep the eggs in the cupboard as the room temperature is about 29-32 degree here

room temperature doesn't necessarily remain constant throughout the day...... the incubator will keep the temps constant.......... and cupboard really isn't the safest place to keep such precious eggs..... more like golden eggs for me if i had ....... if i were you either i would make a DIY incubator to keep the price low or buy a new incubator..........

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
shanu303 said:
poh1984 said:

room temperature doesn't necessarily remain constant throughout the day...... the incubator will keep the temps constant.......... and cupboard really isn't the safest place to keep such precious eggs..... more like golden eggs for me if i had ....... if i were you either i would make a DIY incubator to keep the price low or buy a new incubator..........
right on the money ......:D

Which ever you choose ....home made vs. store bought :
Remember to set up days prior to egg placement ....check often to get your temps and humidity stable before you place your eggs.
An amazing feat no less to hatch out your own torts'... and even more bewildering ....with non perfect conditions Mother Nature has a way of these guys hatching All Natural' in the wild .....while at home with perfect conditions your lucky to get 60% to hatch .
JD~:)

PS: Did I mention … “ Patience” ? …… it will test anyone’s to the limit :p

poh1984

5 Year Member
shanu303 said:
poh1984 said:

hi so is better to purchase an incubator? rather than put them in cardboard? (which i did it for my gecko)

Status
Not open for further replies.