my torty not eaten last couple days

kathryn73

Location (City and/or State)
Chesterfield
newish owner of Gertie the Herman. She was needing a new home after being badly cared for previous ... I've never owned a tortoise before so learning all the time. She has gone from not being able to walk to doing lots of waking now and enjoying long hikes in the sunshine in our garden. The last two days the temperature has dropped and she's not eating ..... is this normal? I have to feed her by hand a lot of the time still as that is how I got her to eat in the first place ... she will
not eat a little by herself which is great :<3:... she's also very picky eater when she does it ... I try to vary her diet from dandelions, clover to kale, pears and baby corn which are her favourite. I have to make sure there's no meaty things left on plates on floor as she will almost run for a left over sausage!! or the dogs meaty chews! I obviously don't let her eat these but she does give it a good go ... I feel I have gone on a bit so apologies I have so much to ask!! :):tort::<3:

Eduardo Hernandez

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
Pears and baby corn are not good for them. Hand feeding could also make them not want to eat without being hand fed, if that makes sense.

Your tort should also not be left on the floor, inside the house. It is very dangerous for them, as they will attempt to eat anything including hairs.

If the temps are dropping, it could just be that, or some other things. What's her enclosure like?