My tortoise died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddemor

5 Year Member
My husband found our three year old tunisian tortoise dead yesterday :( She had blood around her nose. We had not noticed anything different the past days, but the same night she died we heard her making some noise in the terrarium. That is not unusual, so we didn't check her.

What can have caused her to die? She was not injured in any way, and the blood came from inside.

:(

turtletania

5 Year Member
so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a tort. It is so hard to lose one of our good friends.

Paddemor

5 Year Member
Yes, its really sad :( And I cant stop thinking of what happened to her, and if she suffered.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry to hear that.

The only way you would know what caused the tortoise's death would be by having a necropsy done.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
So sorry for your loss.

I hardly see mine because I come home after they bunk down for the night around 3-4. Then I see them on the weekend and their bigger.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I am very sorry for your loss. I have only lost one in my life, but I bawled and wailed like a baby. It is very very hard to lose a family member.

greeks

5 Year Member
New England
Very sad. Sorry to hear.

I've only lost 1 tortoise, which was not an unexpected loss. Having had time to prepare for it didn't mean that it wasn't devastating, though, so I send happy thoughts your way.

schribby24

5 Year Member
I understand what it's like to loose a pet. I had a hamster once that got cancer his life expectancy was about 2 weeks and he lived for 3 more months then one day he stopped eating and I new it was time to let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.