My Timor Monitor Eating Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
LMAOfffff....love the song! !!:D

Beautiful lizard for sure....when we had our beardie it was the hardest thing for me to get use to...feeding crickets...only because I am a wuss and was raised by a closet flower child Mother that impeded in my head..."everything has a Mom and don't kill"....yup even to this day I am one of those dorks that yells in the house...no, don't kill it..catch it and toss it outside....EXCEPT for black widows--they provoke the killer in me...:p:p

Oh and now a days...my Mom is a regular killing machine to any insect or the like...hmmmm

yarok

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. That was my timor a while back. I just bought a savannah monitor from the reptile expo. Beautiful colors.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Feed your savannah lots of bugs and little meat. Give him a humid hide box and a water dish too, just like your tortoise. People keep them much too dry, just like a sulcata. Just telling you in case no one else has yet.

Look into Blaptica dubia and get a big colony going now, since it takes months for them to really get up and running.

yarok

5 Year Member
Thanks. I always spend hours doing research before and after buying a pet. But nothing beats personal experience so I always value advice. Its the first real hypo savannah monitor that I have ever seen. beautiful colors. I was gonna post pics n stuff but this is a tort forum and I don't want to upset anyone.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
yarok said:
Thanks. I always spend hours doing research before and after buying a pet. But nothing beats personal experience so I always value advice. Its the first real hypo savannah monitor that I have ever seen. beautiful colors. I was gonna post pics n stuff but this is a tort forum and I don't want to upset anyone.

The section you've posted in here is for exactly that. This section is all about lizards and we'd love to see your pics. I can't say that I've ever seen a "hypo" savannah.

yarok

5 Year Member
I just posted a new thread with pics of my baby Hypo Savannah Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.