My Sully, update, new growth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
So my Sully is almost 12 weeks old, have had him for 6 weeks, he was 49 grams the day I got him, he is now weighing in at 66 grams, he averages 2.8 grams gain each week, gonna be a big boy.. and now for the pics!!!

Here he is the day I got him
sulysize.jpg

And here he is today, check out the growth
Sullysize2.jpg

And a few more pics just for fun!!
Sulysize1.jpg

torttablecomplete2post.jpg

torttablesully2post.jpg

Forgot bout this pic, he was just a diggin and making a mess
Sullydiggin.jpg

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
haha what a handsome little tort!!!, im glad hes doing fine, I still have to give you the weight of mine lol but i will soon, when i buy that weighing thing :), but anyways, awesome pictures of him or her lol

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Thanks y'all.. Ninjatortoises, hows your little guy doing? Would love to see pics

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Very nice, Nik!! Love your stone work!! Makes my enclosure look, like... Well, a plastic box :p. my temp/humidity gauge died today... Let's hope it's just the battery... And he is quite handsome, great growth... I weighed Bishop and Hindu last week.. Their growth is really amazing.. Makes ya feel like you haven't screwed up!!!

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I love how he digs! I just switched my substrate to topsoil with hay mixed in and put a huge pile under a half log. I'm hoping Franklin will start digging too.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Thanks for all the comments, yes, having them thrive and growing is a relief, like thank god I didnt screw up, babies can be so fragil, its been nerve recking... As for the digging, lol, its cute but he makes a mess and always does it right there near his basking and food, he has lots of other places he can dig and not make a mess but he likes that one spot so nothing I can do, I love my Sully

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Headed to buy some more bricks of coir, he is digging threw the 2 inchs to quickly

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
LOL, I like his digging to be honest, its so cute to watch and wonder just where he thinks he is going, China?

Wow interesting thread!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Na.... China is to far, but under your foundation? not to mention the den in that Thread late collapsed and RV barly made it out alive.

I allow WalkingRock to burm about 6" down but as luck would have it, His house is ontop of a tree I had removed and the root suystem prevents deep digging.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
That is cool, I am interested to see Sully dig when is a full grown giant, I made sure I prepared myself for destruction when I selected Sulcata,lol

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Kool, If you decide to allow him (does he have a name yet?) to dig or to Burrow try to confine it to part of your yard that has a good vegitated area with healthy roots systems. That way the roots will help support the roof of the burrow and the chance of collaps is kept to a minimum.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Ok, thanks for the tip.. And yes, his name is Sully, lol, not very unique I know but I like it

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
nikki0601 said:
Ok, thanks for the tip.. And yes, his name is Sully, lol, not very unique I know but I like it

Like Sully Sullenberger... :tort:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Original? who need original? What is Original? I've had a cat named "Cat" and currently have a cat named "Squirrel" ('cause she looked like one when she was a baby). A Name should flow from the heart, not the brain... and the Heart knows nothing of "Original"! (all sappy love poems are the same!)

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
Original? who need original? What is Original? I've had a cat named "Cat" and currently have a cat named "Squirrel" ('cause she looked like one when she was a baby). A Name should flow from the heart, not the brain... and the Heart knows nothing of "Original"! (all sappy love poems are the same!)

OMG!! LMAO @ Squirrel!!! Hahahaha!! Like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.