My sulcata breathed in water

Rocket101

Location (City and/or State)
Camden, De
While getting a bath last night, my sulcata breath in some water and had a wet sneeze while under water. Now our young sukacta ...Rocket...it making noises, like little sneezes. I'm not sure eif this is normal..our 1st tortise..

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings...

Make sure that your Sully’s enclosure overall temperature is at least 80 F....if not a bit higher for a few days. A little water intake happens, but you don’t your tort sitting in any “cold” areas....and catching a RI.

Is your enclosure covered? Proper heat & high humidity?

Read this care sheet very carefully - housing, lighting, heat & humidity are all very critical.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tortoises' nares end up in the roof of their mouth, not down the throat and into the lungs. Tortoises submerge their whole face and drink through their nose and mouth. Chances are he did not actually breathe in water. They've been drinking this way for hundreds of years.

Rocket101

Camden, De
Greetings...

Make sure that your Sully’s enclosure overall temperature is at least 80 F....if not a bit higher for a few days. A little water intake happens, but you don’t your tort sitting in any “cold” areas....and catching a RI.

Read this care sheet very carefully - housing, lighting, heat & humidity are all very critical.

Greetings...

We have it partially covered with the heat light. We other enclosures in the same room so that room is always warm. Rocket doesnt seem to be making the noises as much.