Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I decided to start posting pictures of all the turtles and tortoises that come into the rescue so that you folks can see the volume, and condition of animals that come to me. Bear in mind that I'm pretty small potatoes as rescues go. I only take in animals from my local area and most of them have been found wandering the streets. A few are turned in because the owners realize it is sick and don't want to go to the vet, and some are turned in because the owner can't keep them anymore.

I just wanted to let you know why I started posting the pictures. And if one thread starts to get too many pictures on it and its slow loading, I'll start a new thread.

You won't hurt my feelings if you want me to stop posting them. Just let me know.

Yvonne

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
please keep posting, I like learning and seeing different torts, It breaks my heart when I see them hurt though.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I think people need to see 'the other side' of keeping pets..
Keep posting.. and tell thier stories.. they cant!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Yvonne, you sure do have my vote to keep on posting millions - as many as you want :) I love seeing all the new torts. And I fully agree with Laura too!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Stop it!, loll. Jk, i agree, its good to see them, and people can learn a thing or two.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here's today's installment of the turtles coming into my rescue. This is a male ornate box turtle and I've named him Maggie because he came to me on Maggie's birthday!

rescue-15-9-09.jpg

rescue5-9-09.jpg

He was found in Visalia and was walking up a lady's driveway. Lucky for me the lady had read about me in the newspaper and kept the article so she knew my phone number!

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's healthy and seems to be fully recovered from the dog chews that can be seen on the edge of his carapace. He's very tame and eats everything I offer him.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What do you do with all these rescues Yvonne? Many years ago I did this with water turtles, and it became over-whelming trying to find good homes...people with ponds. But I know that it is very rewarding helping them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
What do you do with all these rescues Yvonne? Many years ago I did this with water turtles, and it became over-whelming trying to find good homes...people with ponds. But I know that it is very rewarding helping them.

I have a binder full of adoption applications with the most recent filed in the back. When I get in a turtle or tortoise, I look at the binder and call the top person to see if I can come and take a look at their yard. I usually find homes for all of them, but its pretty hard to find good homes for sulcatas.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
emysemys said:
He's healthy and seems to be fully recovered from the dog chews that can be seen on the edge of his carapace. He's very tame and eats everything I offer him.

Yvonne

I am glad he is doing good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.