My out door enclosure 'pic heavy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopalou

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wexford, Ireland
This is my outdoor enclosure.... right outside my back door. I love sitting on the wall on nice days watching the gang go about their business :)

The little kennel has a heat bulb in there for colder days and the coldframe warms up nicely too. The stone holds the heat really well and it turns into a heat-trap to capture all of the very rare Irish Sunshine :)

They all come in at night.........

DSC02132.JPGDSC02129.JPGDSC02133.JPGDSC02128.JPG
DSC02130.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Wow, very professional! Was it built specifically for your tortoises or was it originally a garden?

hoopalou

5 Year Member
Wexford, Ireland
Thank you safir

Thank you Jeff.....It was built specifically for my tortoises when we were laying down the garden.... although I only had two Hermanns then.... there will have to be another one built for next summer I think. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow. That looks great. Where are you in the country?

hoopalou

5 Year Member
Wexford, Ireland
Hi Tom, We are in the South East of the Country in County Wexford. It's called 'the sunny south east' but it's not true :)
Do you know Ireland well?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a pretty enclosure! I really like it.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That is very nice! I like the gravel and little hills. I can't see an opening in the cold frame, but I am sure there is one, lol!
What a good idea to have stone around it to act as a heat sink, bet it helps even on cloudy days.

hoopalou

5 Year Member
Wexford, Ireland
Thanks everyone.... It's surprising how warm the ground stays even after the sun has disappeared.

Lynn... the cold frame has a tunnel in the soil underneath it, big enough for my biggest female.

Yvonne... .thank you so much :)

Missy 82.... I think they like it..... they are completely different tortoises when they are outside and are very lively and active. So I prefer to leave them out as much as possible. But with the chilly damp weather in Ireland that's not always possible.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
That is awesome, love the dog house and humid hide areas too :) Also it fits so nicely into your patio :) very cool!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Lovely i visited ireland other year with my parents (im 13) derry....not sure how far from you that is !?

hoopalou

5 Year Member
Wexford, Ireland
Hi Tyler, it's actually a long way away from where I am....... It's up the north and I'm in the South east.

Status
Not open for further replies.