My nephews Sulcuta Indoor enclosure

SoCal

I wanted to post some pics of a 4x8 indoor enclosure for my nephews Sulcuta.. The pet store didn't give the best info for starting out his Sulcuta, so it has been started dry and has some pyramiding.. So this was made to try and help get him on the right track.. His tortoise is probably 9 months.. I will try to post more pics once it's all set up

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470989431.454873.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470989451.154212.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470989475.772124.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I wanted to post some pics of a 4x8 indoor enclosure for my nephews Sulcuta.. The pet store didn't give the best info for starting out his Sulcuta, so it has been started dry and has some pyramiding.. So this was made to try and help get him on the right track.. His tortoise is probably 9 months.. I will try to post more pics once it's all set up

View attachment 183340

View attachment 183341

View attachment 183342
Looking good to me, like how you've raised base off the floor. I'm assuming there is some cross beams in the base to hold weight once substrate is in. Keep pictures coming.

SoCal

Yep.. It's a 2x4 frame with 2 cross bars and 2 2x4s in the middle supporting those to the base to the base, 4x4 on the corners.. I think the bottom plywood is 3/4"..This thing weighs a ton and is rock solid.. All was sealed and then a 6 mil liner was put inside.. The top a frame is made of 2x3 and has plexi-glass Windows..

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

View attachment 183340

View attachment 183341

View attachment 183342
A lovely enclosure! Lucky tort.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Great job. I love the way you did the top. Will be super for hanging the lights.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow. That's fantastic. Every tortoise should be so lucky.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC

View attachment 183340

View attachment 183341

View attachment 183342

Wow!!! Standing ovation for your incredible work....amazing....

Reagan

New Hampshire

View attachment 183340

View attachment 183341

View attachment 183342

Keep the photos coming!!!
:):tort: